If you’ve been following me on social media I have expressed how I’ve been struggling with creating content lately. I used to be so on top of my game with creating content and being consistent with creating and scheduling blog post and social media posts. I was really starting to see growth in both my website subscribers and social media platforms. But life happens! My business started growing and my blog suffered. Now I’ve been struggling to find ways to remain consistent between my blog and my business, because both of them at lacking right now.
So, I am taking a different approach and holding myself accountable for the following practices.
- Making blogging and being a influencer a Lifestyle and not a hobby.
- Scheduling time for planning and preparing.
- Do everything with the same passion an drive I had when I launched Passionlocked.com
Now, I’m going to need y’all help to keep me accountable as well. that’s why I am letting y’all know this.
Here is how I plan to prepare my monthly content for the blog and social media
- Review my brand deals, sponsorships, and collaborations and fill my calendar with dates that these things need to be posted.
- Fill in other dates with natural hair, skincare, DIY or lifestyle content
- Schedule 2 dates a month to shoot sponsored content
- Schedule weekly time blocks to prepare and edit blogs and social media posts
To make things easier on me I started a blogging journal to write all of my blog ideas, grows, rates and track my growth. Up until now I’ve been using my notes app on my phone to jot down things as I think of them.
Even tho I have a editorial calendar, I bought a calendar so that I am able to write out my schedule for blogging, deadlines and photoshoots and hang it in a place that I will see everyday as daily reminders.
I’ve decided to switch my scheduling app from Hootsuite to Later, because Later seems to be a bit more functional and has more features I need for creating content.
August is the 1st month I will be applying these steps and new strategy. Wish me luck!